Friday, June 21, 2013

Our Local Box- June 2013

I was very excited to see my Our Local Box arrive in the mail the other day. I love those boys from Kentucky that sent me another box to review. So what yummy things came out of Kentucky this month?


 
As a little bonus this month there is a recipe card (not pictured) that looks amazing! The recipe is for Braised Beef Kalbi with Soft Grits and Scallions. The best part is that the recipe calls for all the items in your box. So what are the items that make this recipe?
 

Bluegrass Soy Sauce Company- From Louisville, KY this soy sauce is aged in repurposed bourbon barrels. Yummy! Retail Value- $6

Bourbon Barrel Foods- Pure Cane Sweet Sorghum straight from Louisville, KY. But what exactly is sorghum? It is a syrup that can be used in the place of molasses, honey, or syrups. Retail Value- $12


Sunflower Sundries- Grits! Grits! Grits! What southerner doesn't love grits? Well me, but my fiancé does! Organic Heirloom Hickory King Corn Grits from Mt. Olive, KY. Retail Value- $5

Bourbon Barrel Foods- Bourbon Smoked Pepper from Louisville, KY. Pepper smoked in Bourbon Barrels? Yes Please! Retail Value- $9

What a great mix of items this month. And I love that they sent a recipe that uses all the items. I can't wait to try it out. So a 1 month subscription is $30 and the value of this box is $32. You get more than what you are paying for and it is all yummy Kentucky stuff!

Do you get Our Local Box? If so, what do you love/not love about it?



No comments:

Post a Comment