Saturday, December 21, 2013

Birchbox- December 2013

I have been a loyal Birchboxer for about 2 years now. I love the concept of a monthly subscription box (which was started by Birchbox) and they have the best rewards program that I have ever seen. Normally, they variety that is in each box is great. A good combination of makeup, skincare and hair care but this month was a disappointment for me. Especially since it was the December box (which I find is normally the best box of the year).


Don't get me wrong, I am not going to cancel my Birchbox subscription because everyone has an off month. That to me is not a reason to cancel the box but it will make me look a little closer at the next couple of boxes. So what exactly came in my box?


Camille Beckham- This is the Morelia Monarch body butter and it smells amazing! It left my skin soft and hydrated. Retail Value- $0.75

bliss- This facial pad has time lapsed technology that gives your skin a facial as you sleep. Retail Value- $1

Birchbox- Birchbox has a new app and you can shop directly from your phone or tablet! This is a sticker to put on your phone so you don't forget to shop for all your favorites!


Klorane- I love this sample. It is a gentle dry shampoo with oat milk. I have not found a great dry shampoo that I love so I was excited to see this in the box. Retail Value- $6.50

LAQA & CO- This is definitely not my color and I am not a big fan of lip pencils but I have a friend that will go crazy for this. I see a stocking stuffer in her future! Retail Value- $9

Sarah McNamara- This is a skin transformer that improves skin tone and texture. Bonus- it has a SPF 20 in it! Retail Value- $4.80

The value of this months box is about $22. It is still a good value for the $10 price tag but I was just not thrilled with the collection. I am hoping for a better month next month!

Do you get Birchbox? If so, what do you love/not love about it?


No comments:

Post a Comment