Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Taste Guru- February 2014

I found a deal online for Taste Guru and decided to give it a chance. Taste Guru is a monthly subscription box that delivers gluten free food items to your door each month. I do not normally eat gluten free but it never hurts to eat healthier.

 
 
As a whole I thought it was a good mix of items. I have to be honest that I have not tried any of the items yet but I am going to over the next week or so. I am very interested in trying the gluten free pasta.
 

Dr. McDougall's- These are two soups (Pad Thai and Tortilla with baked chips) that a vegan, gluten free, BPA free and low fat. Retail Value- $3.00

Rocky Mountain Popcorn Company- Poplets! So basically Poplets are baked corn nuts. I am a big fan of corn nuts so I am hoping these are just as good. They are gluten free, nut free, Non-GMO and natural. Retail Value- $1


Straw Propeller Gourmet Foods- This hot oatmeal apple crisp is loaded with apples, walnuts and white chocolate chips. Retail Value- $2.50

Snapz- I love fruit and I love dried fruit so I am excited about these dried apple crisps. They are nut free, gluten free, 100% natural and fat free. Retail Value- $1.50

Snikiddy- These look like tortilla chips but made out of vegetables. They have a full serving of veggies in one ounce. Plus they are gluten free, vegan, 100% natural, kosher and Non-GMO. Retail Value- $1

Viviana- I love that the pasta came with a Pesto Linguini recipe. I am not a big fan of pesto but my husband is so I will make it for him. This pasta is dairy free, nut free, gluten free and vegan. Retail Value- $6.99

The cost of this box for a 3 month subscription is $34 a month. The cost goes down if you buy a longer subscription. The value of this box is $16. That is not a good value at all dollar for dollar but it is still a great way to try new foods in the gluten free marketplace.

Do you get Taste Guru? If so, what do you love/not love about it? 




No comments:

Post a Comment